Sales Development Representative
ALUMinate offers state-of-the-art data enrichment and analytics solutions that power the donor fundraising activities of universities, colleges, and nonprofit organizations.
The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for connecting with prospective clients through direct calls and following up on email and lead generation marketing campaigns. Success will be measured by the number of appointments secured for our demo team.
A successful Representative will be a quick study in learning the key features of our solutions, our product differentiation, pricing options, and the nature of our markets. You will be interacting with senior data management executives, typically vice president and director level, which requires great communication skills and professionalism.
Our office is located in Chicago but this position can be held remotely. Hours are flexible, ranging from part time to full, depending on the needs of the applicant. We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent healthcare, dental and vision coverage, flexible work policy and a strong entrepreneurial environment.
We are a young but growing company and the Representative will have ample opportunities for professional development and upward mobility as we expand.
- Working with our marketing team, conduct research on and identify new sales leads and the proper entry point to pitch our solutions
- With our marketing and solutions team, develop an effective and authentic communication script explaining our purpose (the “WHY”) and solutions (the “HOW”)
- Call prospective decision-makers and influencers, with a strong sense of urgency; during campaigns, this could be 50+ calls a day
- Record all personal interactions with prospective clients in our CRM, and pass on client and competitive intelligence to the appropriate internal team members
- Be persuasive and determined, while building relationships and displaying empathy towards the needs of prospective clients
- Deftly answer and address the prospective clients’ questions and concerns
- Schedule demos and smoothly hand off leads to our demo team
- At least 2 years of experience selling software or data services solutions preferred but we are willing to train someone with limited sales experience
- Understanding of the fundraising process, especially in higher-education institutions, is a plus
- Understanding of customer relationship management systems like Blackbaud and Salesforce
- Possess a hungry, ambitious, and persistent style
- Understand the difference between activity and results
- Have a positive mindset, be team-oriented, and well organized
- Be interested in joining a tight team of passionate professionals who want to help nonprofits and higher-ed schools achieve their missions!
To apply, please send your resume to Lola@aluminateus.com.